The Easter holidays are fast approaching and with the good weather comes a sigh of relief that is palpable amongst parents. Here are some local ideas for you and the kids this Easter. I've worked on a travelling time of around 1hr from Uttoxeter. If you have any more suggestions feel free to comment and give a sister a hand!
1. Wolseley Wildlife Centre. https://www.facebook.com/WolseleyCentre/?fref=ts
2. Cinebowl. https://www.facebook.com/cinebowl.uttoxeter/?fref=ts
3. Nature walk at Blithfield Reservoir. https://www.facebook.com/pages/Blithfield-Reservoir
4. A trip to the park or JCB Lake to feed the ducks. Take some money for an ice cream from the Ashmores Ice Cream van.
6. Bike Ability - check out the Dash magazine. https://issuu.com/eaststaffordshirebc/docs/dash_feb_2017_web_lres
7. Story time at the library for the under 5's.
8. Sudbury Hall & The Museum of Childhood - check out the Cadbury Easter Egg Hunt and the big white benches. https://www.facebook.com/SudburyHall
Parking is free, entry to the grounds is free but there will be a charge for the Easter Egg Hunt. The outdoor play area is a big hit with my two and if the weather is good you can take a picnic blankets and eat outside.
9. Ice skating.
11. Gruffalo Trail at Birches Valley, Cannock Chase ......... "Owl ice cream??" https://www.facebook.com/cannockforest/
Parking is a bit steep at something like £4 BUT everything else is free. The trail costs you nothing (well it didn't last time I went), the outdoor kids play area is in the words of my eldest "immense" and you can take a picnic and make it a full day out.
12. Shugborough Hall. https://www.facebook.com/ShugboroughEstateNT
13. Pony rides at Beaver Hall. https://www.facebook.com/beaverhallponies/?fref=ts
14. The National Forest Adventure Farm. Go and see the lambs and enjoy an eggselent day out! https://www.facebook.com/NationalForestAdventureFarm/?fref=ts
This is another full day out really, indoor play area, craft area, lambing live, lots of outdoor stuff to do including a sandpit and carts. Parking is free.
15. Go Ape - Birches Valley, Cannock Chase.
16. Waterworld, Stoke on Trent.
17. Alton Towers. https://www.altontowers.com/#packages
18. Black Country Museum. It's on our "go, see" list, well mine anyway. Just think Peaky Blinders and you are on the same train of thought as me.
19. Flip Out, Stone.
20. Lichfield Cathedral. http://www.lichfield-cathedral.org/home/home
21. Markeaton Park, Derby.
22. Bramshall Road Park, don't forget your little fishing net and scooter!
23. Carsington Water. https://www.facebook.com/stwcarsington/?hc_ref=SEARCH&fref=nf
24. Conkers. https://www.facebook.com/visitconkers/
25. Dimmingsdale, Alton. Don't forget your wellies!
26. Messy Church , Uttoxeter. https://www.bclm.co.uk
27. Go Garden Open Day - DASH. Saturday 22nd April. https://issuu.com/eaststaffordshirebc/docs/dash_feb_2017_web_lres
28. Indoor play areas. Jangala, Hilton - Big Top, Uttoxeter - Come Into Play, Stone.
29. Peak Wildlife Park. http://www.peakwildlifepark.co.uk
I hope these have given you some ideas. Want to book a family portrait session with Claire?
More information can be found here.