"So you're a photographer ...... you must have a studio ......... oh where do you photograph then?"
I'm quite proud of where I live, I love the mixture of old buildings, new development, countryside that surrounds us and the fact that we can be in Birmingham by car in an hour and London by train in two hours.
As a teenager it wasn't cool to live around here but as a Mum and dare I say it "a grown up", I can see lots of positives about our small local town but I do get fed up that our town gets compared less favourably to its neighbours Bakewell, Ashbourne and Leek. We have all the raw ingredients and with a little faith maybe it can be yet another up and coming, cool market town.
I see Uttoxeter quite differently to most. I see cute little pathways that make for great photographs, great architecture, greenery and old and new combining to move with the times. I thought it may be fun for people to see Uttoxeter how I see it. Can you identify the places I have used for the photos taken?
Let me know if it has given you a new perspective of our town.
1. Small community garden area by the side of the Train Station.
2. Balance Street.
3. Church Street.
4. Saddlers Yard, just off the High Street.
5. Trinity, next to the Factory Shop.
6. Under the bridge heading towards the Railway Station, just past Waitrose.
7. Carter Street, the Old George & Dragon pub.
8. Top of the High Street, opposite Bear.
9. The Black Swan.
10. Waitrose Building.
11. Balance Street.
12. The old buildings at the back of the Maltings Car Park, behind the British Heart Foundation.
13. The archway at the side of Emma's Cook Shop on Carter Street.
14. Uttoxeter Train Station. The grey metal bridge that spans the railway heading towards Uttoxeter Racecourse.
15. Pinfold Street. The old bridge that leads to the railway crossing.
16. St Mary's Church yard.
Interested in booking a photoshoot, please feel free to get in contact. I would love to create some fabulous photographic memories for you.